© 2018 All rights reserved
1. What did life look like before you focused consistently on nutrition and fitness?
STRESS! All the stress, all the time. I was working full time and taking care of my girl 24/7, and doing nothing for myself. They say you can’t pour from an empty cup, but you can if you are stubborn enough. I just do it so much better now.
2. What made you decide to make a change?
I had been sick for 5 years straight, constant fatigue and joint pain no matter what I did until I was finally diagnosed with Celiac Disease – all while taking care of a very intense kiddo. The same year I was diagnosed with Celiac, my kiddo was diagnosed with 3 autoimmune diseases and spent an entire school year in and out of the hospital. By the time I got all of that on track, I was in a really tough spot both physically and emotionally but knew I had to do something to turn things around.
3. What has changed (attitude, energy, weight, habits, priorities, race times, blood work, confidence, etc.)?
Oh my gosh this list is loooooonnnnngggg. When I started out, I couldn’t even do 30 seconds of sit-ups. So many years of inactivity, horrible eating and sleeping habits, and undiagnosed Celiac had done a number to my body. All of my joints hurt, I even had to wear a brace on my wrists every Spring when my paperwork load increased at work. And I never, ever took time for myself or did anything that was just for me. Everyone came first all of the time. Now….
1. The list of things I can do now is long, and the list of things I can try is even longer. Mindset matters.
2. I now prioritize getting my classes in and adjust my schedule so that I can do so. It not only helps me make sure I get my workouts in, but it reminds me to put myself first every now and then.
3. My knees still don’t enjoy my activity level, but most of me is much stronger. I don’t even know where my wrist braces are, or even if I still have them.
4. I look forward to working out and feel off when I can’t get to them. Such an odd thing to be saying, but it’s true!
5. I’m still learning! I keep picking up tips and tricks that help me use correct form and work out better.
1. What is your favorite Warehouse workout song?
2. What is your favorite workout class?
3. What is your favorite quote?
1. ACDC- Thunderstruck2. Any class where I get to hit a bag. I knock them over in part because it’s pretty fun to do so, and in part to mess with Bonnie.
3. I see you! Y’all have no idea how many times you say that. I say it to my students now.